Presenter: Mark Blackburn, P.E., CFPS, Vice President, Northeast Region, Jensen Hughes
(speaking on the first day at each location)
- February 26-27, 2018 at Radisson Inn, 1220 1st Avenue, Coralville, IA
- February 28 – March 1 at Wild Rose Conference Center, 777 Wild Rose Road, Jefferson, IA
Session 1: Trends and Hot Topics in Life Safety and Fire Protection in Senior Living
- Summary of recent fires in senior living communities and best practices to prevent them
- Summary of CMS citation statistics nationally, regionally and within Iowa including the top 10 most common violations and how to avoid them
- Recent interpretations and misinterpretations of the Life Safety Code
- NFPA 99 Chapter 4 Risk Assessments for Nursing Homes
- Changes to the FSES (NFPA 101A) equivalency process and what it means for existing Nursing Homes
- Understanding CMS’ Emergency Preparedness Rule
Session 2: Answers to the Questions!
The intent of this session is to have attendees submit specific technical questions in advance (no later than January 15th) and each question will be discussed and responded to during this presentation. By submitting questions in advance, the specific applicable code requirements can be reviewed and complete accurate answers can be provided.